Saturday, February 23, 2013

Downton Abbey Finale - I'm still recovering (SPOILER ALERT!)

SPOILER ALERT WARNING: Do NOT keep reading if you have not yet seen the Season 3 Finale!

It's taken me nearly a week, and I'm not really over the shock it. I was still reeling from the loss of Sybil.  How in the world will Mary go on without Matthew when they were so completely and madly in love? How can they let that sweet little newborn grow up without a father?  How did I ever get so involved in a TV show that I care this much? None of it makes any sense!!


While I wish I could declare that I'm done and I just won't put up with any more of this emotional blackmail, it would be a false threat.  Of course I'm going to tune in again and see what happens next season.  I LOVE this show!

Even though I hated the ending we were given, there were a number of things I did love about the last episode:
* Scotland.  That castle. The highland scenery. Bagpipes as alarm clocks in the morning.  I love all things Scottish, so I thought it was great that the whole clan went on a field trip there.
downton-abbey-season-3-finale.jpg
* Mrs. Patmore.  I couldn't stand the creepy guy who was courting her, but it was fun to watch her in the spotlight with a twinkle in her eye. And it only took her a single episode to realize that he was NOT Prince Charming.
Lesley Nicol  as the cook, Mrs. Patmore, on Downton Abbey.

*Granny.  She is my favorite character anyway, and it broke my heart watching her grieve for the past few episodes. So it was fun to see her back in form with her charming barbs and quips.  Maggie Smith rocks.

Maggie Smith Downton Abbey


I could go on about the elements I didn't like (can you say "Edna"?) but I'll quit now. I fully intend to buy the Season 3 DVD, watch the whole thing and get mad all over again.
The cast of "Downton Abbey"

No comments:

Post a Comment